Now it's easy to make a delicious traditional Tom Yum soup easily with this vegan Tom Yum paste. Vegan Tom Yum Paste contains no fish sauce - just pure fresh herbs to give a distinctive hot and sour flavoured soup or add a small amount of paste to stir-fries to add a zing of flavour.
340g. Ingredients: soybean oil, lemongrass, salt, sugar, galengal, water, dried chilli, fresh lime juice, kaffir lime leaves, citric acid (E330), paprika colour (E160C), caramel colour (E150C).
Vegan. Does not contain onion, garlic, leeks, chives or shallots.
Allergy information: Processed in a facility that processes peanut and sesame.
Tom Yum Soup Recipe
3-4 Tbsp vegan tom yum paste
100g vege prawns cut in half (or just use vegetables of your choice)
8 pieces of fresh tofu (approx 3cm x 2cm cubes)
2 litres of water (or lemongrass stock available from most Asian grocery stores)
3 fresh mushrooms, sliced
4 basil leaves
- Boil rice vermicelli until tender, drain and set aside
- In a separate pot bring water (or stock) to the boil
- Add Tom Yum paste and stir through
- Add vege prawns (or vegetables) and mushrooms
- Let boil for 1 minute, then add tofu
- Cover and simmer for a few minutes
- Put vermicelli into bottom of soup bowls, pour tom yum soup over and serve garnished with basil leaves