Now it's easy to make a delicious traditional Tom Yum soup easily with this vegan Tom Yum paste. Vegan Tom Yum Paste contains no fish sauce - just pure fresh herbs to give a distinctive hot and sour flavoured soup or add a small amount of paste to stir-fries to add a zing of flavour.
340g. Ingredients: soybean oil, lemongrass, salt, sugar, galengal, water, dried chilli, fresh lime juice, kaffir lime leaves, citric acid (E330), paprika colour (E160C), caramel colour (E150C).
Vegan. Gluten-free. Does not contain onion, garlic, leeks, chives or shallots.
Allergy information: Processed in a facility that processes peanut and sesame.
Tom Yum Soup Recipe
3-4 Tbsp vegan tom yum paste
100g vege prawns cut in half (or just use vegetables of your choice)
8 pieces of fresh tofu (approx 3cm x 2cm cubes)
2 litres of water (or lemongrass stock available from most Asian grocery stores)
3 fresh mushrooms, sliced
4 basil leaves
- Boil rice vermicelli until tender, drain and set aside
- In a separate pot bring water (or stock) to the boil
- Add Tom Yum paste and stir through
- Add vege prawns (or vegetables) and mushrooms
- Let boil for 1 minute, then add tofu
- Cover and simmer for a few minutes
- Put vermicelli into bottom of soup bowls, pour tom yum soup over and serve garnished with basil leaves